A UNC education is lively at its core.
The University of Northern Colorado offers an inclusive, caring environment where students and faculty connect and share in a journey of learning and discovery. Our student-focused faculty will provide the personal attention that makes it easier to succeed in college and your chosen career. Come to UNC and be inspired to lead a life filled with purpose, where you’ll make a difference in your community and the world at large.
- Click for Overview
- Founded: 1889 as the State Normal School
- Designated a doctorate-granting / research university by the Carnegie Foundation
for the Advancement of Teaching.
- Approximately 12,000 students
- Main campus – Greeley: 76 classroom, residence and service buildings on 260 acres
- Extended Studies centers - Centerra (Loveland,), Lowry (Denver), UNC
Colorado Springs Center (Colorado Springs)
- 100-plus undergraduate and 100-plus graduate
- Course sections with fewer than 25 students: 47 percent
- Student-to-faculty ratio: 19:1
- 19 NCAA Division I sports primarily in the Big Sky Athletic Conference
- Total full-time employees = 1,368
- Total part-time employees = 290